CARES Campaign – Covid-19 Relief Campaign
Flight Dates: October – December 2020
Near Nashville, Miles from Ordinary
Since our initial partnership with Orange142 in 2018 the relationship between the Visit WilCo team and Orange142 is something that we consider invaluable for a small marketing department like ours. Their industry knowledge, strategy, technology and ‘lean in’ approach has provided us here at WilCo with an extension of our marketing team and has drastically scaled our digital footprint. Our county was awarded CARES funding in 2020 and we knew exactly who to collaborate with to make sure our recovery efforts were being strategically allocated. The metrics and results from that particular recovery campaign speak for themselves. The Orange142 team is invaluable to tourism in our county!
Jason Johnson, Tourism Director
Visit WilCo (Tennessee)
As with other DMOS, especially smaller ones like Visit Wilco that supports Wilson County, Tennessee tourism, the impact COVID-19 has incurred on local tourism and businesses has been devastating. The Visit WilCo team tasked Orange142 with developing a digital media recovery approach, funded by the CARES Act, to encourage visitation and travel safely and responsibly.
- While occupancy rates are down YOY for most destinations across the United States, Visit WilCo was not immune to the pandemic’s effects in 2020. However, with a strategic digital approach, they have seen a higher occupancy rate than all the other counties in Middle Tennessee, which includes Davidson County, home of Nashville. These occupancy rates include three new hotels included in the 2020 inventory over 2019.
- Orange142 designed a custom landing page (https://www.visitwilco.com/cares/) to drive traffic to the Visit WilCo website, with the narrative being particularly focused around travel safety.
- Tactics leveraged helped tell a rich story about what makes this destination so unique. You can have convenient access to all that makes Nashville so unique but still capture that quant, small-time vibe at the time
- Powering this campaign with the Orange142 DMP, our team generated and implemented look-a-like audiences based on who engaged with the campaign initially. These look-a-alike segments had a % lift over the original audience segments during the campaign
- Orange142 drove over 6,600 people to the Visit Wilco website during this recovery period. During this campaign, overall website traffic was up 120% YoY, along with a 71% increase in pageviews.
- Segment 1: Young Accumulators/Mainstream Families
- Segment 2: Conservative Classics/Cautious Couples
Total Impressions Served: 7,074,537 (12% above goal)
Total Clicks to Website: 29,450
Average Click-Through Rate: 0.42% (0.08% Industry Average for Travel & Tourism)
Video Views – 68,410
At Orange142, we are a group of experts in the tourism space with robust experience in emergency response marketing efforts, and we are here to help with destinations of all sizes. Contact us today to hear more about this success story and see how we might assist your destination.